Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Latest Piece...

You know those days when you are taking it easy, relaxing with a nice coffee and a good Blog read?When the minutes stretch by ever so slow.....
Those days...
...... the ones where the sun is shining , the sky is a perfect shade of blue,

and the birds are doing their best ever serenade. 

Well, it was on a day such as that, when the phone rang.
"I need you to do me a drawing the voice said. A drawing of a face.....
The face of Christ, as a farewell gift.
I need it as soon as possible!
"

As soon as possible....
As soon as possible....
The pressure that those words convey.

Ok! (That's what I heard myself say.)
I will get right on it!!

I check the date..... the day of the request, versus the date needed.
 Then I gulped and got busy.
Jesu Lord. Graphite and charcoal sketch on textured paper. 
Framed in a dark oak frame with a black /white matting.
(commissioned piece)
 
Today I delivered the piece. I must say, I do work well under pressure. 
... the pencils practically flew over the paper ..
my fingers took on a life of their own. 
... they sketched, smudged and sketched some more.
The result was overwhelming.  Even to me as I watched it come to life.
... so that day, that relaxing day..
.... when I took the call..
.. when I was challenged, 
that day,
He had a plan for me!

I took the challenge, and I am pleased.


Challenge, it's a good thing!!
Take one, you might amaze yourself.



Cheers,

Gee.
 

French Country CottageMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


From My Front Porch To Yours

24 comments:

  1. You sketched that?? Wow! You are amazingly talented! What a beautiful piece :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Faces are really a challenge to me, but I dug in and this is the end result. Was bitter sweet when I had to give it up! :-)

      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  2. You did a super job! I sure wish I could draw like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :-) Noting like the pressure of a challenge to get me going.
      Client was pretty pleased. ( I was too )
      Whew.. my fingers are still a bit stained with the charcoal. But I enjoyed every stroke.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  3. You captured the essence so well. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did really good. I can barely draw a straight line. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noting like a little pressure to make the creative juices flow :-)
      Thanks Molly. Glad you stopped by.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  5. Gee,

    The sketch is amazing! I love the look in his eyes....so compassionate and caring.

    Happy blessed Sunday to you!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Karianne.
      Finally got all the charcoal and graphite off my fingers. Truly one of my favourite subjects to sketch .
      ((HUGS)) Gee

      Delete
  6. Gee you are amazing! What a talent to have. Thanks so much for sharing with the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you Debbie.
      Glad you liked it. :-)
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  7. Hello newbie blogger.

    Visiting you through Ivy and Elephants WIW.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tami. :-) Yes.. very new. Still feeling my way about , but having a blast doing it. Please feel free to follow!
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Lazarus:-)
      Glad you stopped by.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazingly beautiful! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was my pleasure. Thank you for hosting :-)

      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  11. You did a wonderful job! It looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... faces are such a challenge for me. But I must say, I am pretty pleased with the end results. I had a bigger hand guiding mine.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hello Bliss. I do too. We share the Best company!
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  13. I love the charcoal drawing. I think you did a great job capturing Him in all his glory.,He is an awesome man. Lily C Canada

    ReplyDelete