Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Joys of Christmas Trees

You know those days?
The perfect days when you awake to mist and a soft sweet morning?
Perfect Fall days that makes you glad to be alive ?
Today is one of those days.
 Misty and soft and perfect. 
Foyer Tree. 3' in an urn decorated with clusters of silver and white balls, velvet poinsettias, and red tulle.Lit garland on the half wall decorated in a similar fashion..

I love those days... 
I am quick to get up and start enjoying.
Coffee in hand I watch the mist rise... 
... the sun burn away the veil to reveal a beautiful bright morning. 

Family Room Tree. 8' tree decorated in silver, white and crystal balls, iced branches, icicles and the boys teething keys.

 This morning in the quiet of the mist, the Mr. and I enjoyed a quiet simple breakfast of croissants and cafe au lait.
What could be more perfect to sit and watch mist burn away with?
(Master Vic had his kibble)

Dining Room Tree sits on the buffet. 2 ' tree in a rusted urn decorated in golds and reds. Vintage shiny bright ornaments sit in an ironstone tureen.

In North Central Florida, Fall sunshine is gloriously bright. Today it is streaming in the windows casting little pools of sunshine all over the place.
Awakening all it touches, and bringing everything to life.

Breakfast Nook Trees. 2, 2' trees in bronze urns with natural touches of pine-cones, red and white berries, twigs and nuts.

Watching the mist rise gives me a sense of Peace... of Calm. 
A feeling that the day will be wonderful.
A perfect gift to enjoy!

Sun Room Tree. 6' (placed on a corner table) Decorated in reds and golds with gold ribbons and a bow topper.Bleached white linen as a tree skirt.
 Big puffy white clouds that look like over sized cotton balls have now sailed on in to join the blue skies and sunshine of my day.
It has been rather dry of late, and rain would be a most welcomed addition.....
A soft rain... 

Tree on table outside Master Suite. Another 2' tree in a rusty urn decorated in silver. Silver pine-cones and picks. A chest of vintage shiny brights sits beside it.
 The promise of a soft rain makes me happy.
Now, I am a sunshine kinda girl. I am all about the sunshine and bright days. 
However the rain has been scarce of late.....
and we are in need of moisture.

Remember the urns from my yard sale venture? They are on the bar, filled with pine picks and silver gilded fruit and white berries.

As I sit and enjoy the last of my coffee, I am planning what I am going to do for the rest of my perfect Sunday.
 So many ideas... each even better than the one before.
Choices...
What are you doing today?

Here' s to a Joyous day.
Cheers, Gee




I will be sharing at the following:












21 comments:

  1. The teething keys have to be my fav!!!! LOL pretty gee! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.... Every time I put them up I get all sentimental. My babies... Still babies in my heart, now young men!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so nice! I cant start my day until I have my coffee!! Your trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee, my beverage of choice first thing of a morning, and last thing at night. :-)
      Thank you. I am tweaking Christmas decor today, I tend to do so until Christmas day... Decorating is a work in progress I always say.
      Have a wonderful rest of day.
      Gee

      Delete
    2. Your trees are beautiful Gee! Everything looks so pretty!Coffee is a must and one of the first things I do in the morning LOL!
      xx
      Anne

      Delete
    3. Hello Anne,
      OOhh yes... must have coffee :-) Thanks, I luv... LUV Christmas trees! This year I decided to not use all the decor and actually a bunch went back into the tubs and back in the attic.
      Glad you came by for a visit.
      xx Gee

      Delete
  3. Hi there! Wow, what a beautiful display of Christmas around your home! You've been busy! Your trees are absolutely gorgeous and festive. I can't begin my day without a good cup of coffee, too! ;) Thanks for sharing, love it all! xo ~Liz

    P.S. Thank you for visiting and for the sweet comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) You are most welcome Liz.
      Glad you came over. Sipping a cup as I type. My go to beverage and vice. I'd say only but... well there is chocolate and ...... Hahahahahaaa..
      hugs!! Gee

      Delete
  4. Pretty trees! I especially like the first one. We had rain today and a little bit of rain yesterday, too. Soon it will be snowing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow!! I remember that. I remember longing for a white Christmas in NYC. The wishing all the snow away shortly after :-/ Now I am back to wishing... and wishing. Not sure I will get my wish though.I remember the winter we got snow in North Central Florida. Ironically (we had gone back home to NYC for the Christmas to have the boys enjoy snow) it did not snow in NYC, but it snowed here in Ocala. I mean... what were the chances Hahahahahaa...
      Enjoy some white joy for me.

      Delete
  5. OK...so I counted 7 trees. Did I miss any? GREAT job, Gee! I love it that you put your boys' teething rings on the large tree!! How sweet! Oh, my goodness...that made the hair on my arms stand up! Each of your trees is uniquely beautiful. I've always wondered how you guys in the warmer climates are able to get into the Christmas spirit without cold and snow, but I see how now!!! You have created a winter wonderland right there in the warmth of Florida! :-) You even did the breakfast nook windows...wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMhhmm.You did :-) One in each boy's bedroom ( I promised NOT to put their rooms on the blog) , the hall bath, the master, 2 in the outside entry way.... Whew, did I miss any??
      Photographer had a LOT to proof that day. More to come.
      I had to adjust. New York City to Florida... big change. But I roll with the weather .
      SShhhh.... trading out the sun room tree as we speak. :-/ got a new one. Same height, skinny... luv it!!!

      Delete
  6. Love that old window in the last shot, thanks for sharing Gee!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linsey. I scored a few of those some years ago... Luv playing with them.
      Glad you stopped by for a visit.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  7. Your decorations are beautiful! Love the colors! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I linked up . My pleasure. Luv your party.. hopped and awweeddd!!! all over hte place. What beautiful decorations! Thanks for inviting me.
      HUGS, Gee

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up over on my blog for the Home for the Holidays party! Your home is beautiful and your décor is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you :-)It was my pleasure. Had fun popping all over the place admiring the luvly decor at the party.
      Glad you stopped by for a visit.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  9. Your holiday touches are just beautiful! Thanx for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Pamela. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete