Thursday, February 14, 2013

Family, Luv and Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
I am not a fan of Valentine's Day... don't hate me please.

I mean.. think about it... one day set aside for the HUGE outpouring of luv. Shouldn't that
be a daily occurrence?

The card industry, rose farmers and chocolate manufacturers make a killing on this day.

A huge killing.

Me, I made a promise to myself and all future children  I was to have, and husband ( this was well before I thought of having any)
to be sure to let them know I luved and appreciated them every day of their lives.
And I do.
Me and my Douglas

Indulge me a little please... I have the best little (growing) family!!! No, I mean it.

This is just not lip service. I let them know all the time.
A fab Mr!!! Two fantastic sons, one of them brought a wonderful young woman into our lives and she comes with the cutest
( the CUTEST) 4.5 year old ever!

When we had our second son, we made the decision for me leave my job, and be a stay at home Mommy. The best decision I have ever made as a Mom. No regrets at all.
Oh, at times it was hard ... learning to live on one salary after living on two... tough! But we have managed.

I look at these young men... these young men I had a hand in forming their character and  the persons that they are, and I am in awe!
I am humbled.
I look at my Douglas and myself, flawed human being at it's best .

Then I look at the boys....
Our Young Men!!

These handsome wonderful young men. The best of their father and I. The best of two flawed people combined into one dynamic package, times two.
The real deal... hahahahahaa. Luv my life.


Two self confident, well mannered, brilliant young men.
One has just started his carrier , the other finishing up his first 2 years in college. (Dean's list I might add. He get's so upset when I say that.)

Douglas and I both say we can still smell the baby powder and now one is starting a family of his own.

The men in my life... my forever Valentines!

They know it daily!

Our little family of four had a bit of a wake up call summer of 2012. A little shake that has left us even closer. I never thought that was possible. But it was. We are.

Everything is so much brighter, sweeter, more alive!


Saint Valentine's Day.
I get the sentiment... I really do.

But for me... just another day.

No pink or red hearts in my decor.... a special meal tonight.
But than as I like to say, each meal is special, no?

No card bought ( I confess, I did not contribute to the Hallmark fund) but they know, I luv them. It is a constant thing.. a given. I breathe, thus I luv.
The family plus one 4 legged Master Vic.


They know...  they know exactly how much they mean as they are told all the time.

We really are Blessed!
This little family of four (now growing into six all of a sudden).
 This little family of well luved individuals .

I don't usually talk about my private life , or my family much. I respect their privacy ( after all I was the one who took on blogging as an escape from recuperation), but today, I just wanted to speak luv!!! And share my special family with you all.

My men... the 4 legged one as well.

Master Vic at his best.

The heart is such a funny thing. 
When I had my first, I never know I could luv a little person so much.

We were overwhelmed by the luv we felt. Slammed by it!

Then five years later, we had our second. My heart stretched to accept another, a fourth person was squeezed in, and he fit!


Now  the old heart has been challenged to accept two more. A beautiful young lady and a cute 4.5 year old.
Our eldest and the two new ladies in our lives.


I am sure there is room for more....

Funny old thing our heart, isn't it?


Lets luv... with all that we are. All that we have.

Luv given with no strings, comes back to you in multiples.

Happy Valentine's Day my luvies.

May we live like all 365 days are Valentine's Day!


Warm hugs from a rather damp North Central Florida.

((HUGS))
Gee

28 comments:

  1. Ohh Gee...so sweet..I have tears...You have such a great family. I can tell that you feel blessed beyond measure...Oh and those boys..You can tell they LOVE there Momma too...
    Hugs
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin. Oh gosh... I luv these guys. They are simply put, a blessing I was never supposed to have. They are rotten!! Just a wee bit spoiled, but such gentlemen.
      :-) Yes, they do luv momma... That makes me teary now.
      Hugs, Gee

      PS whatever you end up choosing ( entree) enjoy!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful family, beautiful post! :)XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. I am grinning as I scrolled down and came to the picture with the 'faces' . They make my life full beyond measure.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  3. Hi Gee! You have a beautiful family and what a wonderful post! Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Gotta luv them, funny faces and all.
      Wishing you and yours a Happy Valentine's Day as well.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  4. Hi there, Gee! I'm with you...Valentine's Day around here is just another day. We don't usually do anything particularly "special" because we are one big ball of lovey dovey on a daily basis! We're "that couple" who you see holding hands, being considerate of each other not just in public but behind closed doors as well. We call each other throughout the day just to hear the other's voice. We say "I love you and MEAN IT several times a day and always at night before we close our eyes. We pull together when times are tough and celebrate our good fortune together when times are good. We don't always see eye to eye, but we have a healthy respect for our individuality and personal opinions. We like to give each other little surprises when we can. EVERY DAY is Valentine's Day in our lives. You have a beautiful family and have been blessed with a beautiful life. I am so glad that you can all enjoy it together as God intended!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It warms my heart to hear you say these things Alycia. We don't see much of that anymore. We have been referred to as 'cute' for the way we are with each other... I am glad to hear we are in good company.
      We had birthday celebration number 4 today. We have been celebrating the boys' birthdays the last 2 weeks. eldest is on the 5th (#1) then a joint dinner a week later (#2) , large family gathering w/ grandparents(#3) and this evening we celebrated the youngest. Whew!!! This weekend I am NOT cooking :-)There are meals in both fridges from the last few days.
      Have a great weekend to you and your sweetie! Lets kepp celebrating everyday with luv!
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  5. Hi Gee,
    Your family is beautiful. Loved all the pictures. I also agree Valentine's Day should be everyday. Hope you and that pretty family have a sweet week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I have my feet up after cooking a big Punjabi meal for my youngest. Today was his birthday and that's what he wanted... so I did. Whew.... time consuming but worth every step as the end results were delish. We had a luvly dinner and now he's hanging out with friends.
      Here's to a wonderful weekend to you and yours as well.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  6. Congratulations for having such a loving happy family. Your pride shows and it should. It is not easy in this day and time to keep everyone together and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shannon, You are so right. We are blessed with a very close relationship and I adore it!!
      Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  7. Gee you are truly blessed!What a beautiful family!Most important of all the time you spend together.And telling each other you love one another!Better than any hallmark card you could ever buy!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne.
      Yes, so much better than a Hallmark. I am an in the moment person and there are so many moments to just enjoy and just be together. Funny, they ( the men) are all 6' tall, me, I am a very 'tall', 5'2" ... raising 2 boys, oh my.. hahahaha, the bruises I have had and still get. They are so rough. But I luv every minute of it all.
      Hope your migraine goes away sweetie.
      ((HUGS)), Gee

      Delete
  8. You have a beautiful family! You don't have to make excuses for not celebrating Valentines Day. I've often felt the same way about it. I feel more obliged to do something special on our anniversary than on Valentines Day because it is "our" special day rather than everyones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gee! We wanted to pass on the Liebster Award to you, which honors new bloggers. You can get all the details at Rusty Heart Designs. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohmygosh!!
      Thank you!? Speechless... Going over to see the details now.
      Eeeeeeeee!!!
      |Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  10. Great post! What a special family you have :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to read about your beautiful family and the love you have for them. Gee, this was so touching and sweet. Better than any Valentine heart!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I do get all mushy... but I luv my men! They really are a special bunch and they amek me feel very special indeed.
      Thanks Yvonne.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  12. This is such a precious post. I relate totally to all you say. Each new addition to our family is such a blessing and totally fills my heart even more. So special. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty. I never knew... I mean as a young and selfish teen, even in my early 20's I never would have thought it could be this way... but it is. You are so right. Each addition makes it so much more full.
      So happy you came by for a visit.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the addition to your wonderful family. You are truly blessed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anita. I am enjoying the joys of a little girl. Oh my... so different after raising to boys :-)
      My youngest described her to a friend of ours last weekend as a little Mom. She couldn't be any more like Mom if she was blood. Aaahhh... so sweet. I look forward to many, many enjoyable times....
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  14. What a great post! I agree! I do think that Valentine's Day is overrated and we should remember everyday to tell the people we love how important they are to us!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here KariAnne. Sigh... and I do luv this bunch. I luv to scroll down the post just for the giggle effect I get from the funny faces they were making in the Mommy and boys shot.
      Had friends over for coffee on Sunday evening, and the youngest informed them that the reason he had a weird twitch was because he was not luved by his mom. As he reached for our car keys ( his car is being worked on) and roared out the drive. My friends just laughed... they ( the lads) are a mess.
      But, my mess and I luv 'em!
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  15. Gee...you have a darling family. You are so thin with amazing skin. Thanks for telling me about your son looking for a home. My style is perfect for first time home buyers because I don't decorate with anything too expensive! That was a huge compliment to me that you show rooms of my home to your own future homeowners.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete