Monday, February 4, 2013

Sharing a beautiful day and a peek at things to come.

This morning got up drug my poor lazy body out of bed. 
My bed was warm  and cozy and heavenly.
But, I made a promise to myself... a half hour walk every morning before the sun gets too harsh.
Original 1920's hardware

So, I have been going.... enjoying the weather as I go.

The Birds keep me company, as do the bright Florida sunshine and spectacular blue skies.
Look at this detail!!

This morning, when I did manage to pick myself up by my hair and get walking togs on, was no exception.
A crisp 35*F awaited me outside the doors of the sun room at 7:35 am.
But I put one foot in-front of the other and  step by step, I was on the street.
One original owner... now mine :-)

I know... winter for many of you include blustery days... snowy days and nights. Bitter cold!!!
But for me, they can include some of the above.
Blustery days , cold, no snow, and at times bitter cold. I think the teens constitute bitter cold no matter where you are.
Etched pattern in the mirror.

Today was not one of those days.
The sun was doing it thing.... 
Only more beautiful than normal. It was winking and twinkling off the frost on the roofs and the lawns. It was like they were covered in a nice dusting of powdered sugar and the sun was kissing it with sparkle.
Now that was worth getting myself up for. 
The markings on the right are where the silvering is tarnished. I luv all the imperfections.

And the birds... how can I not mention them.
They were out in abundance....
 Mourning Doves all huddled up on the wires ....
Blue birds hopping on the frosted lawns and chirping, playing in the trees. 
Mocking birds singing and trying to boss the other birds about as they lay claim to their territory.
Cardinals, flying from tree to tree like quick darts of red and rust...
And the majestic Hawk slowly sailing in the sky before landing on the uppermost branch on the  tallest Oak and surveying it's domain.
Now ... that in itself was worth pulling on my sweatshirt for.
Worth the tip of my nose going numb as I speed walked my half hour. 

More wonderful imperfections in the original mirror.

But the beauty of  Florida winter's day is all that plus more.
It's the fact that we warm up to a sweet 60*F in a matter of 2 hours.
The sun does it's 'sunny' thing and we go from frost on roof tops to beautiful 60's in a few hours.

From heavy socks and jackets to flip flops and a light  sweater.
The beauty of it all. Spectacular.
Crisp new coat of white paint. To distress or not to distress?? That is the question.

This weather is so conducive to projects... 
and painting.
It gets the creative juices flowing.
Since December, we have been bouncing about ( we had a few unfinished things to finish. Had to call a pause in the summer due to some health issues. But, they are behind us now, and we got the all clear to forge on forward. So we are slowly doing so. ) completing the Master suite. Almost ready for a reveal.... 
The dresser in all it's 1920's glory.
The vanity. Sigh... Isn't it beautiful?

It's so great to be able to grasp my paint brush again and let it speak. I have completed one piece that I shared 2 weeks ago.. and I have a few more canvasses in various stages of design and completion. The sheer excitement of it all...
Memories.... for Matt.

Health and wonderful weather!! They are good things.
Not to be taken for granted... but to be savoured and appreciated.
daily, moment by moment.

And Enjoyed!!!

Lets enjoy every moment of today. No matter the weather..
Smile and make every moment a great event.

((HUGS))
Gee
Life on Lakeshore Drive blog button
newbie with a twist partyOne More Time Events Party With:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4TxNx7wp1No/Tyc4v_Xd2zI/AAAAAAAAELs/9TJsy_Ejjks/s1600/one+project+link+party.jpgThe Chicken ChickMakeitPrettyMondayMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaIvy and ElephantsPhotobucketcreativetuesdaybuttonFrench Country Cottage

29 comments:

  1. Your canvas is beautiful!
    Good for you for getting out for a walk. I have to get back in the swing.
    Have a great day,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb.
      I had to... geeez. Being Ill and under Dr.'s care for months unable to do my routine left me feeling like a snail. So, as soon as I got the go ahead in January I started.... Slow, then toward the end with my trainer. Whew!!! I ache!!! But it's a wonderful ache. :-)
      happy Monday!
      HUGS, Gee

      Delete
  2. Gee I am glad you are feeling better and starting to enjoy things again!What a beautiful canvas painting!!!LOVE your vintage furniture pieces too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Anne. The funny thing is, I was sick for so long, my body was accustomed to it and I was the last to know :-/ A loong haul to get back to good health, but I am finally there :-) YEAH!!!! Being told I could get back to my routine after being pretty much on bed rest and 'light' activity for 6 months is wonderful.
      Soo wonderful. My brain never stopped painting . Funny how your body has to slow down and your brain can not be turned off. So I have so many things I am dying to put on canvas, and not enough time in the day to do so.
      AAAhhh the pieces... I luv them. Will have to share the story of how they stumbled into my life for a song.
      Have a wonderful rest of week. Isn't this weather wonderful?
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  3. Applause, applause! I am proud of you for getting yourself out of bed and out in to the brisk morning air to get your exercise!!! I need to do the same. I miss running so much. It kept me in such great shape. My body is so broken down now that I can barely walk, let alone run! Oh, well...maybe someday! :-) Hooray for you painting the furniture, too! That takes a lot of patience and time. Maybe you can distress just the back of one piece or something to see if you like it well enough to do all the pieces that way. I have several pieces of distressed furniture, and I love it. I didn't do it myself...it came that way from the store. I'm not as talented (or patient!) with a paintbrush as you! Have a great night and a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alycia. Some days are easier than others. After all I was pretty much a couch potato for 6 months :-/ That was a lot of sitting and laying as per Dr's orders. But Now I have the ok to go! WOOT WOOT. I am not one to sit still . The trouble now is, I have so much I want to do... so little time. I have some distressed pieces as well. I am torn... So I am living with it for a bit as is... then who knows. The project 'master suite redo' was put on hold this summer when illness struck. Now we are back on. Taking it slow though . Something new every week.
      I used to run. But had to stop due to backaches. Now I walk... briskly and do 2 20 minute work outs a day. Trainer says I have good muscle memory (??, ok) So we are toning and tightening . Then in 6 weeks I should see good results. Hmmm maybe a March photo shoot after all.
      Trainer says all we need to do is move... 2 20 minute sessions a day... working to 2 30 minute sessions. He had me dancing to salsa 3 times a week last winter. Was the best cardio I ever had.
      Here's to a wonderful week.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  4. Your vanity is gorgeous! I love the details on the mirror. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer :-) I luv the detail. The legs are pretty too. Will share that in a few.
      Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  5. Pretty vanity, and amazing art. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen.
      I was pleased with the end result, but the look on the owner's face was the best . He was pretty happy with it. When my art speaks to people... that is high praise indeed.
      I am so happy you popped by.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  6. That is such a good thing to do every morning......walking! It has been pretty cold here early in the morning, but warms up nicely in the afternoon. I need to start back walking too. I'm looking forward to seeing your bedroom when it's ready for its big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is. Today I missed my walk.. over slept. It's my son's birthday and I always make him a special breakfast , so ... well, no walk. I missed it so much. Felt like I was starting my day off on the wrong foot.
      Tomorrow... have to get up on time.
      Thanks. The room is coming along nicely. Moving from a dark moody room to a lighter neutral relaxing room. Good move I think :-)
      Glad you stopped by Kelly.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  7. The pieces you shared are very lovely Gee! It's so fun to change things and make them new again :) Good for you for getting up and moving too. Hope you enjoyed your sons birthday morning with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. Today I was working on some distressing. Decided I would do a bit . I like it!
      Did NOT miss my walk today :-) Trainer put me through the paces yesterday. Had to make up. OUCH!
      Yes, thanks. I made him the same breakfast he asked for since he was a babe. Every year we do a special breakfast.As an adult he does his own thing during the day, (he was off yesterday) But the minute of his birth found him tightly clasped in my arms. Funny sight... he's 6' tall , built like a line backer. I am 5'2" and very petite..... I was on tip toes. My baby is a baby no more.... he asked for grilled chicken and Fettuccine Alfredo for his meal and Mommy made it :-)
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  8. Hi Gee! So glad you are feeling better. We are fighting the winter blues over here! We are so ready for spring this winter is dragging! I love what you did with the vanity. It is motivating me to get busy on a couple pieces I want to redo! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Most welcome. I distressed them yesterday... only a bit to bring out the details. Will post them in the bedroom reveal in a week or so.
      I can imagine ..... We have been watching the weather ... every where seems to be stuck in midwinter.
      Stay safe... keep warm.
      HUGS, Gee

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pieces. They look fabulous.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth. Glad you came by for a visit. Stay with me... will be revealing the entire project in a week or so.
      Have a wonderful weekend.
      Cheers, Gee

      Delete
  10. Your pieces are lovely! Good for you to walk every day for 30 minutes... you set a very good example for me. Gee, I love how you see the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAhhhh! Thanks Yvonne :-) I look forward every morning to commune with mother nature. Just me and my thoughts and prayers. There was a time that I walked and jogged with LOUD pumping music in my ears via MP3 player. But this time, once I got the all clear from the Dr's to proceed back to normal on January, I chose silence. Refreshing!
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  11. Gee your post is very sweet. I'm smiling back :) I live in the north east so walking outside does not happen as often. I look forward to spring when the ground is free of snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thanks Dee. Glad you popped in for a visit. I remember the North East very well. Jackson Heights NY was hope to me before Ocala Florida. So, I do remember the snow... and the ice. The slush and the mess. There was a time I longed to go back home. But I have quite mellowed, and now I finally see North central Florida as home ( after 36 years, hahahaha)
      Wishing you a quick thaw and an early spring!!
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  12. What beautiful pieces...thank you for linking up to One More Time... I only wish I would walk more... I always feel so much better when I do! Good For you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Tammy. Yes, walking does make one feel wonderful and healthy. This morning was a very foggy one.. I came home in a state of damp... but happy and hungry.
      It's been a wonderful time of reflection for me the past few weeks....
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  13. Gee...
    You're the sweetest person! I love when you comment - you make me feel so good. There is a girl that goes to the same gym as me and we take body pump together. She looks so much like you, so I watched her closely to see if I could hear anybody call her by her name. It wasn't Gee, after all. Darn! I wanted you to come over and have coffee! Now I know you live in Florida - not Virginia!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Four year old kids are way fun...and not. Depends on the day. Good luck!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha... Yeah, Florida.. land of sunshine and mild temperatures. 27 years ago I was living in Virginia :-) Alexandria to be precise.
      Aaaaahhhh!! I look forward to your posts so much.
      Yes, I am learning to do the little person thing again. I must say, I am enjoying it. So much different when it's not your child . But she is a sweet little one. She asked me on Sunday, ' why do you like old things so much?' Out of the mouths of babes....
      Always my pleasure to pop in on your Blog. Have a wonderful Wednesday Holly.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  14. What gorgeous pieces Gee - especially that vanity - WOW - just love it!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning and Thanks Suzan. I did a bit of distressing last week. Now I am awaiting the photog to take some pictures for me so I can share. I do a lot of things... but alas, taking decent pictures , not one of them. Oh no... So I have to be patient.
      Thanks for coming over.
      Hugs, Gee

      Delete
  15. Everything looks so pretty, and I love your vanity. It's beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy
    www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete